E-zec specialise in transporting High Dependency Unit Patients (HDU).
To ensure we meet the expectations of HDU departments, our first priority is to engage with the relevant healthcare teams to understand their requirements.
E-zec’s specially trained ‘High Dependency’ crews and ambulances provide enhanced clinical care during inter-hospital transfers. Our ambulances are equipped with defibrillator monitors, suction units, resuscitation bags, maternity packs, pain relief, oxygen, spinal boards, scoops, carry chairs and infection control kits.
HDU teams are also periodically assessed ensuring consistent, high standards of service and safety. We also operate modern, fully equipped long wheel-base ambulances equipped to ‘front line’ specification. This enables us to transfer any patient, regardless of their mobility category, to and from specialist units.
Hours a Day
Days a Week
Days a Year
HDU training includes:
- In House PTS Crew Staff Training
- IHCD Emergency Care Practices
- AED Training
- First Aid and Basic Life Support
- ‘Blue light’ Emergency Driving Techniques
- Oxygen Therapy
- Manual Handling
- Customer Care
- Health and Safety
- Disability Awareness
- Safeguarding Vulnerable People
- Infection Prevention
- Trained and equipped for bariatric services on request
Ambulance equipment includes:
- 12 Lead Defibrillator and Monitoring Equipment
- Suction Unit
- Grab Bag
- Resuscitation Bag
- Spinal Board
- Carry Chair
- Maternity Pack
- Piped Oxygen
- Pain Relief (when requested)
- Infection Control Kit
- Bariatric Movement/Support Equipment